Sadly, my days working at Social Instinct as an intern have come to an end. While I’m excited to study abroad in London, the past six weeks have been filled with fun memories and learning experiences. So, as a little goodbye article, I’ve decided to share with you why I think Social Instinct is awesome.
1. Lunchtime soccer: Playing soccer at lunch was a more recent thing, but I enjoyed being able to stretch my legs and break up the work day with other people who enjoyed playing soccer. Just a warning, if you play with Adrian, watch out for his elbows.
2. You learn something new every day: Whether it was Rachael teaching me tips about graphic design, Keith teaching me about how to use Twitter for a business, Ann teaching me about article writing, sales, marketing, and where to get the best sparkle clothing, or everyone’s Starbucks order, I learned something new every single day.
3. Creativity: Social Instinct is a creative environment and allows for creativity. Of course there are certain things required of you, but all in all, Social Instinct encourages you to be creative in all aspects of the company. Whether it’s suggesting a new feature you’d like to see on Kontribune or writing a funny, useful article, creativity thrives and is highly encouraged.
4. The people: At Social Instinct, you are surrounded by brilliant people. Every employee at Social Instinct is incredibly smart and talented at what they do. In a TED talk I listened to a couple weeks ago, the speaker suggested you surround yourself with people who have a direction and who will push you to do great things because they themselves are doing great things. At Social Instinct, everyone is doing AMAZING things and being surrounded by people with a vision definitely helped me focus on my own vision.
5. Coffee anyone?: The coffee card. Social Instinct loves Starbucks and with one right next to the office…well, there’s always a coffee run at least once a day.
6. It’s a Family: Social Instinct is a family. From the very first day I felt welcome and immediately included. Everyone is happy and gets along well (let’s keep the bickering to a minimum kids!). One day at lunch, we were even asked if we were having a family lunch. Mommy Ann? Rachael, Adrian, Alejandro, and I quadruplets?
Needless to say, I’m going to miss my Social Instinct family and I want to thank everyone at Social Instinct for giving me an experience that was fulfilling, enjoyable, and exciting.
Tamara Lapinskas .xx